When your surgery calls for anesthesia, Dr. David C. Ash and Dr. R. Neil Sundheimer recommend the following steps:
- Do not smoke for up to 12 hours before your visit with The Institute of Jaw and Facial Surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight hours before your appointment.
- Let our oral and maxillofacial surgeons know if you have any symptoms of an illness before your procedure.
- Dress in flat soled shoes and loose clothes with short sleeves for your appointment. Refrain from wearing nail polish, excessive makeup or lipstick to your appointment.
- Have an adult wait for you during your visit and drive you home after your appointment.
- After your visit, do not drive a car or operate other machinery for 24 hours.
- Contact our oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Akron, or Canton, Ohio, for instructions concerning any medications you are currently taking, or if you have additional questions about your anesthesia.