Please take note of the following instructions to help ensure full recovery from your tooth extraction in Canton, or Akron, Ohio:
- Apply gauze for 30-45 minutes after your extraction so the blood can start to clot and heal the site.
- Avoid straws, smoking, and alcohol, and do not brush the site for at least 72 hours.
- Stay hydrated and maintain a good diet following your procedure.
- Maintain your prescribed medication or antibiotic dosage, even after your symptoms subside.
- Keep your activity level down to reduce bleeding and the chance of injury.
- Swelling is common and can be treated with ice packs.
Patients of The Institute of Jaw and Facial Surgery should be able to resume normal activity after a few days. If you experience any prolonged or severe symptoms, please reach out to our oral and maxillofacial surgeons, Dr. David C. Ash and Dr. R. Neil Sundheimer at The Institute of Jaw and Facial Surgery.