To prevent infection or complications following the exposure of your impacted tooth in Canton, and Akron, Ohio, follow The Institute of Jaw and Facial Surgery’s instructions below:
- Keep the wound clean by gently brushing the area and using salt water rinses (up to six times per day).
- Surgical packing may be placed over the site to help it heal properly, so keep it in place as much as possible.
- Some bleeding and swelling is to be expected, but gauze and ice can help minimize both.
- Keep yourself hydrated but avoid hot drinks and foods.
- Keep your activity level low as you recover and take pain medication as directed by our oral and maxillofacial surgeons or as prescribed. If you have any questions about your symptoms or medication, call The Institute of Jaw and Facial Surgery.